Dear Fox Glen Community Association Members,
As you may know by now, North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper has lifted several restrictions that were imposed due to the COVID-19 virus emergency and we are now in Phase 2 of the State reopening plan. More information here
. This Phase 2 runs through June 26th unless the Governor makes changes or cancellations, and allows for public pools to be reopened at 50% capacity.
Fox Glen Board of Directors, henceforth referred to as BoD, has met to decide about pool opening after gathering last minute information from our Management Company, lawyer, insurance company and pool managing company. There are many factors that we need to keep in consideration while deciding to reopen the pool for the season, including liability, availability of cleaning, disinfecting and protective products, NC Governor and North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services restrictions and guidelines.
The BoD has decided to tentatively open the pool with a reduced time schedule on May 30th at 08:00 AM if and only if these conditions are met:
- Enough sanitizing, cleaning and cleaning operator protective supplies are found available to purchase.
If at any time during the pool season a lack of availability of these products should come true, the pool will be closed until they become available again.
There will be changes in the Pool Rules for the year 2020 that will be posted in the next few days on our website, please familiarize yourself with them before heading to the pool. Among the changes are the following:
- We will not have insurance coverage for COVID-19 related issues, residents enter the pool and surrounding areas at their own risk.
- Pool opening hours will be 08:00 Am to 08:00 Pm 7 days a week.
- In order to grant Fox Glen residents full enjoyment of the pool, and to minimize as much as possible the risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus, there will be no guests allowed until further notice.
- Regardless of suggested government guidelines for capacity, available furniture at the pool will be reduced to maintain as much as possible the recommended distance of 6 feet between clusters of seating.
- Residents are not allowed to move furniture from pre-defined positions. Those who will not respect this rule will be asked to leave and, to repeated offenders, entrance will be denied in the future for a period of time determined by the BoD.
- The maximum number of patrons allowed inside the pool area is determined by the number of available clusters of seating. Unavailability of seating clusters means residents can't enter the pool.
- To allow for all residents to enjoy the pool, there will be a time limit of 2 hours per household. Please let’s be kind to each other so that everyone can enjoy our community amenities and leave after the allotted time regardless if there are people waiting outside or not.
- The playground at the pool area is closed to anyone until further notice.
- All Fox Glen residents are required to follow NCDHHS required and suggested guidance while at the pool area. Please familiarize yourself with it here.
- Most importantly, it is highly recommended for all patrons at the pool, but not currently swimming or engaged in other water activities inside the pool, to wear protective masks.
Thank you for your understanding
Fox Glen Board of Directors